Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hot Pursuit (Setup Shot)

As promised I thought I'd show the setup shot for the "Hot Pursuit" photo I posted.


The Camera is held on the window with the main suction cup. There are two back ups to that, in case it should fail. The first is just a simple bungee cord with the window closed on it. The second is a 2nd suction cup bungee'd to the first. That way if any of the cups fail I hopefully would not lose the camera.

The shutter is fired using the Pocket Wizard on the camera's hot shoe. The cable coming out of it goes into the remote shutter plug on the camera. When I press the "Test" button on another Pocket Wizard it trips the shutter.

I set the camera's Pocket Wizard in a relay so that when the shutter opened it would tell the Pocket Wizard to fire a flash which was in the vehicle behind me.
How Pocket Wizards work and what relay mode is can be seen here:




Hope you enjoyed the little behind the scenes post.
More to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter