Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Late Night Photo Sessions

What do you do if you are a photographer and you can't sleep?
Why you go out and take photos - that's what!!

I drove down to the Trinity River at about 2:30am and set up shop down there for a little while.
I would have stayed longer but I heard voices in the dark park behind me and since the neighborhood down there is not the greatest I didn't want to push my luck too much.

I shot off about 20 frames or so and this is the one I like the most:



This shot was done with the help of my Pocket Wizards. Just like I would do to fire the camera remotely, I set up the pocket wizard on the hot shoe and hooked up the cable to the shutter release plug on my camera. I then stood back and fired the camera by pushing the test button on a 2nd Pocket Wizard. It could have been done without having to use 2, but I would prefer to not run the risk of moving the camera by pulling on the cable by accident.

This particular shot was a 4 minute bulb exposure at F/10 and ISO 100. I edited it a bit in Camera Raw. (changed the white balance, darkened up some of the overexposed buildings, and straightened it)

Coming later this week is a shot that I'm looking forward to. My friend and I are going to shoot an Allen Police officer in his police cruiser. We are doing it at night, with some cool equipment.
The first shot we are going for is of one with the officer in the vehicle, lit from inside, shot from the hood of the car. We'll have the car in motion so the lights will be blurring by as he drives. We'll also have him put on his red/blue lights for effect. It will be very similar to one we did not too long ago of an ambulance:


The second shot I'm hoping to do is one of the police cruiser in pursuit of yours truly. For this I'll probably mount the camera on the side of the car, looking back. Then I'll drive around with the cruiser following me with the lights on. Should be pretty fun.

Check back on Friday or Saturday to see the images!
Thanks for reading.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter