Friday, December 24, 2010

Home for the Holidays

I am in North Carolina visiting with my sister and parents for a bit. Although I don't consider NC to be "home", I must say it is good to be here. Mostly because of the family aspect. But also because it is a huge change of pace and a change of scenery. And who wouldn't look forward to being surrounded by people who love them.

Right before I left I had the crazy idea to stay up late and watch the lunar eclipse from Dallas, TX.
I didn't have it in me to wait for the entire thing to be over before going to bed, but I did give it about 90 minutes and a 4Gb memory card. At first the images were just coming out a big blur, as the clouds were obstructing the moon. But I took a little drive to a nearby softball field and set up the tripod again and got some pretty great shots. Here is one of my favorites:


I think I went to bed around 3am. The following morning came early as I had to be at the airport for my flight. Chicago, my connecting airport, was a snowy, foggy disaster, so my flight was delayed over an hour leaving Dallas, but I still made it. Amazingly so did my luggage!!

Monday night was the last time I had my camera in my hand, and it feels rather weird. I have been dying to photograph something all day, but don't really have anything available.
My sister expressed a desire to get some new photos done, so I will more than likely be shooting some of her while I'm here, but the date and time is still undecided.
One of my favorite photos in my portfolio is of my sister and she has made several appearances on my website over the past few years.
For those of you who didn't know, this is her:


I don't have anything as nice as the Mediterranean Sea at my disposal, as I did with this photo, but I think we can pull something off :-)

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas, hopefully with loved ones.
I will write again when I have a few minutes!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter