Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Advertising on Facebook - Worth the money?

I have been advertising on Facebook for a little while now and I have been noticing a positive flow of traffic to the website from those ads. My site hit a record high of 49 unique visitors this past Saturday.

However, I look at the number of click-throughs and compare that to the number of people who's eyes saw the ad and I have to wonder if this is really worth the investment.

According to Facebook's ad tracker, the number of impressions is quite staggering.
The first campaign was kind of a dudd. Not quite sure what the problem was with it. I varied the cost-per-click allowance as well as the daily budget limit and never really saw any return for either.

The other 3 started out slow but seemed to have a better outcome than the 1st experiment.
However, I still am not satisfied with a CTR (Click-Through-Rate) of less than a half percent on all of the ads. Especially considering three of the 4 ads were aimed at a very tight age demographic (a 3 year age span).

I'd say the ads have been good to get my name in front of people, but the ultimate effectiveness is yet to be determined. I have paused all the ads for now while I reconsider their value.

If you've had experience advertising on FB I'd be interested in hearing your comments. If you found it to be more/less effective than something else (Ad Words by google for example). What is your preferred method of advertising?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike McLean said...

Ray,
This is Excellent very helpful insights!

February 10, 2010 at 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter